Cruising Sailors Forum Archive

How many of you have a boater education card?

I just happened to notice that a boater ed card is required in WA, maybe OR and perhaps CA... Although technically I don't have to carry one due to the low horsepower of my fine sailing craft... the cut off is 15HP; I only have 13HP aux.

Of course the real irony is that a huge motorless sailing craft operator also doesn't require a card, if I read the requirements correctly. They seem to be fixated on powerboaters.

Messages In This Thread