Cruising Sailors Forum Archive

Re: How many of you have a boater education card?

I have a Canadian Pleasure Craft Operator Card (technically required for anyone operating Pleasure craft for more than some number of days in Canada), and a Certificate of Proficiency for Navigating in Mediterranean Waters (required to charter in some EU countries). Both required some multiple choice testing, some of which was silly, some I disagreed with, and the rest was actually worthwhile. I don't feel any smarter, but I guess I would prefer that other folks traveling near me had these basics.

Messages In This Thread